This morning I noticed that quite a few leaves have started to fall from the crape myrtle in my front yard and I realized the autumn season is right at our door, even here in the South. Today I thought I’d share some of my current home decor faves for the upcoming fall season.
1. I just love the look of mercury glass, and Pottery Barn’s Champagne Mercury Glass Pumpkins caught my eye, as did the mantle display featuring these beauties alongside a rustic assortment of pumpkins, dried vine, and a variety of charming aged platters in a silver tone to complement the silver of the pumpkins.
2. Kim of ethanollie currently features a cute vintage wicker picnic basket in her Etsy shop. This would make the perfect basket set for the picnic I have been contemplating for hubby and I this weekend. The weather here has just been too gorgeous to pass up – I’ve been driving with the windows down and spending as much time as I can outside all week. Anyone else? I know I can’t be the only one…
3. The Traveler side table from Anthropologie… what can I say? I am a sucker for old trunks – always have been – and this would be just too cute in my living room at the end of my sofa. Alas, the price tag does not agree with me, but a girl can dream/drool, right?
4. I must apologize for this next one as well. It’s definitely out of my price range, but I love to window shop even when I can’t buy. Pottery Barn’s Clift Glass Table Lamp Base in Espresso looks just charming with the complementary Espresso Burlap Tapered Drum Lamp Shade. I love the look of burlap, this fall more than ever. There’s something very rustic and homey about it.
5. Another rustic beauty, the Happy Halloween Banner from Pottery Barn is sure to charm at your autumn parties this year. In fact, it’s inspired me to try to make my own burlap version…I’ll update on that later.
6. Fellow crafters, beware! I just fell in love with this paper sewing machine from Anthropologie. Is anyone else trying to figure out how to make this out of old pattern papers?
7. Last but not least, this rustic barbed wire heart wreath from gazaboo stole my heart too. There is just something rustic and charming about this piece that makes it appropriate for both city and country life.
Tell me what you think! Where are you finding inspiration as you prepare your house for fall?
Cheers – Shannon